- 1 cup long grain rice
- 60 g butter
- 1 cup rich chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup shallots or 1⁄2 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Scatter rice into a baking dish and place into a moderate oven to toast lightly, add butter, mix until melted and return to oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully pour in heated stock and wine, stir through.
- Cover & cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Loosen the rice with a fork, add shallots and soy sauce and toss through; season well.
- Return to oven to partially soften the shallots and evaporate any remaining liquid before serving.