1/1 Photo of Oven Swiss Steak
2 hrs 10 mins
Nice hearty meal on a cold day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs swiss steak or 2 lbs round steaks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undraind
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces water
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- hot mashed potatoes
- 1Heat oil in large skillet.
- 2Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- 3Cut steak into 4 or 5 servings; dredge in flour mixture.
- 4Brown on both sides in hot oil; remove to large baking dish.
- 5Place vegetables over steak; pour tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and Worcestershire over all.
- 6Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2- 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- 7Serve with sauce spooned over the mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Swiss Steak
Serving Size: 1 (597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.1
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.4 mg
- Sodium 1071.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 54.4 g