Nice hearty meal on a cold day!
Make and share this Oven Swiss Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs swiss steak or 2 lbs round steaks
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undraind
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces water
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- hot mashed potatoes
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Cut steak into 4 or 5 servings; dredge in flour mixture.
- Brown on both sides in hot oil; remove to large baking dish.
- Place vegetables over steak; pour tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and Worcestershire over all.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2- 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Serve with sauce spooned over the mashed potatoes.