2 hrs 45 mins
This is an easy approach to preparing Swiss Steak. You might even want to try it in a slow cooker for about 8 hours. From the kitchen of Judy Hanke, Saint Peters MO.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut meat into 4 pieces.
- 2Mix flour and salt; pound into meat. Set remaining flour aside.
- 3Brown meat in hot shortening. Place in shallow baking dish.
- 4Blend flour with drippings. Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Pour over meat;
- 6COVER and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours.
- 7Top with cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.
- 8Serve with smashed potatoes and a green salad.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Swiss Steak
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 963.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round steak