Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an easy approach to preparing Swiss Steak. You might even want to try it in a slow cooker for about 8 hours. From the kitchen of Judy Hanke, Saint Peters MO.
- Cut meat into 4 pieces.
- Mix flour and salt; pound into meat. Set remaining flour aside.
- Brown meat in hot shortening. Place in shallow baking dish.
- Blend flour with drippings. Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Pour over meat;
- COVER and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours.
- Top with cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.
- Serve with smashed potatoes and a green salad.