Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My aunt would make this when you visited. It's a great company recipe since it can be made ahead of time. I like to serve this with noodles or mashed potatoes.
- Cut meat in serving portions.
- Combine flour and salt.
- Brown meat in hot Crisco.
- Transfer meat to shallow baking dish.
- Blend reserved flour mixture into pan drippings in skillet.
- Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions and Worcestershire sauce to drippings and cook.
- Stir constantly until mixture boils.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle cheese over meat.
- Return to oven for a few minutes to melt cheese.