Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My aunt would make this when you visited. It's a great company recipe since it can be made ahead of time. I like to serve this with noodles or mashed potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless round steak
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded
- Cut meat in serving portions.
- Combine flour and salt.
- Brown meat in hot Crisco.
- Transfer meat to shallow baking dish.
- Blend reserved flour mixture into pan drippings in skillet.
- Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions and Worcestershire sauce to drippings and cook.
- Stir constantly until mixture boils.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle cheese over meat.
- Return to oven for a few minutes to melt cheese.