Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My grandson who is 4 loves these and so does everyone else.. If you stir a little chipotle paste into some mayonaise you get a nice spicy dipping sauce, although GS prefers them plain. We have had a of trouble getting variety into his diet and this is one of my successes. You can experiment with the spice ratios depending on your taste.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (well scrubbed)
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- Halve the potatoes and cut like french fries.
- Place in ziploc bag with spices and 1 tbsp hot water.
- Seal and shake until all coated.
- Place on a cookie sheet treated with cooking spray or covered with a silpat ,in a single layer.
- Bake at 400F for 20 -30 min until tender and golden and somewhat crispy.
- Turn every 10 minute.
I didn't use any oil - baked them on my pizza stone on parchment paper. After peeling and cutting up the potato I soaked them in water - When I was ready to put them in the oven I dried them off between 2 paper towels and sprinkled on the spices. Lovely blend of spices. We enjoyed this recipe very much