This is another recipe I adopted from Recipezaar on Feb.14 2005. I've changed the recipe to make it fabulous. A delicious treat. Brings back great childhood memories. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shell hard-boiled eggs.
- 2In a small bowl combine sausage meat with sage, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and black Pepper.
- 3Divide sausage into 8 equal portions, flatten each portion to about 1/8-inch thickness.
- 4Roll each egg in flour and place on top of each sausage patty.
- 5Use each sausage patty to wrap around each egg until it is completely encased, pressing edges together to seal (wet or floured hands make this easier).
- 6Beat the egg in a shallow dish and place breadcrumbs on a flat plate.
- 7Dip each sausage-coated eggs in beaten egg and roll in crumbs.
- 8Place on baking tray lined with aluminum foil and bake in oven at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown (turn every 10 minutes for even browning).
- 9For a crispy crust spray very lightly with Pam baking spray before baking.
- 10When ready to serve, line platter with lettuce and arrange Scotch Eggs, cut in half, among the lettuce.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Style Scotch Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.5
- Calories from Fat 580
- Total Fat 64.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 1739.7 mg
- Sodium 1074.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 69.4 g