1/5 Photos of Oven-style Pizza Fries
Sue Lau's Note:
I made this up with two of my daughter's favorite foods in mind: french fries and pizza. She took one bite and said "These are good! They taste like pizza!" Exactly what I had in mind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat lightly with oil.
- 3Grind fennel seed, oregano and basil into a powder using a spice mill or mortar and pestle.
- 4Wash, peel and slice potatoes into thin french fry shapes.
- 5Combine ground spices, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt, sugar and oil in a small bowl until smooth.
- 6Place potatoes and seasoning paste in a large ziplock or plastic bag.
- 7Using your hands, move the potatoes around in the bag until they are evenly coated with the seasoning paste.
- 8Place potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes at 400°F.
- 10Using a spatula, turn potatoes over and sprinkle with parmesan cheese (if using).
- 11Bake for 10-20 minutes more or until fries become golden and start to crisp (time may vary with size of fries).
- 12Serve with marinara sauce or ketchup, if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-style Pizza Fries
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.7
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 730.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g