From a Sunset Magazine special edition, "Sunset Weeknight." I haven't tried it yet, so I may adjust it a little if it seems necessary after I do.
- 4 (8 -10 ounce) trout, cleaned, boned, and heads and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil (approximately)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons finely slivered fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (approximate, I prefer Kikkoman)
- 1⁄3 cup finely slivered green onion (including green tops)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro leaves (coriander leaves)
- Rinse trout and pat dry, inside and out. Brush inside and out with oil. Lay trout, spread open and skin side down, in a single layer in two 10x15 inch baking pans. Drizzle sherry evenly over trout; sprinkle with ginger. Cover pans tightly.
- Bake at 400* F for 8-10 minutes, or until fish is opaque in thickest part (flake gently with a fork to test) but still moist-looking.
- Transfer to a platter or plates, using two wide spatulas to carefully lift each trout (if they start to break up, cut fillets apart and transfer each fillet seperately).
- Drizzle 2 tbsp soy sauce evenly over trout. Sprinkle evenly with green onions and cilantro. Serve with additional soy sauce to taste.