1/1 Photo of Oven-Steamed Trout With Ginger
Halcyon Eve's Note:
From a Sunset Magazine special edition, "Sunset Weeknight." I haven't tried it yet, so I may adjust it a little if it seems necessary after I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (8 -10 ounce) trout, cleaned, boned, and heads and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil (approximately)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons finely slivered fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (approximate, I prefer Kikkoman)
- 1/3 cup finely slivered green onion (including green tops)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves (coriander leaves)
- 1Rinse trout and pat dry, inside and out. Brush inside and out with oil. Lay trout, spread open and skin side down, in a single layer in two 10x15 inch baking pans. Drizzle sherry evenly over trout; sprinkle with ginger. Cover pans tightly.
- 2Bake at 400* F for 8-10 minutes, or until fish is opaque in thickest part (flake gently with a fork to test) but still moist-looking.
- 3Transfer to a platter or plates, using two wide spatulas to carefully lift each trout (if they start to break up, cut fillets apart and transfer each fillet seperately).
- 4Drizzle 2 tbsp soy sauce evenly over trout. Sprinkle evenly with green onions and cilantro. Serve with additional soy sauce to taste.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Steamed Trout With Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.5 mg
- Sodium 624.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 48.6 g