Recipe by MizzNezz
This is an old standby. Been making it for 30 years. I don't use spices in this because we like the beefy taste of the gravy without them. Feel free to add your favorites! Mashed potatoes are best with this.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak in serving pieces.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Dredge meat in flour; brown in hot oil.
- Place meat in 13 by 9 baking pan.
- Add 2 T flour to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add water, about 3 cups, and cook and stir until it boils.
- Add more water if too thick.
- Pour over meat in pan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 2 hours.
- Check halfway through, turn meat over, and stir a little.