Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Flavorful very moist chicken that makes your whole house smell wonderful as it cooks.
Make and share this Oven Smoked Southwest Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder, cumin, paprika and garlic powder.
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in the chicken cavity. Arrange remaining butter around the outside of the chicken. Place the peppers in the chicken cavity.
- Add Liquid smoke to beer and 1/2 into the cavity and the other 1/2 over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F. Basting with the drippings every 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and baste with melted butter and drippings.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.