Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
Flavorful very moist chicken that makes your whole house smell wonderful as it cooks.
Make and share this Oven Smoked Southwest Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder, cumin, paprika and garlic powder.
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in the chicken cavity. Arrange remaining butter around the outside of the chicken. Place the peppers in the chicken cavity.
- Add Liquid smoke to beer and 1/2 into the cavity and the other 1/2 over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F. Basting with the drippings every 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and baste with melted butter and drippings.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.