Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Fire up the tiki torches and pour yourself a mai tai! This is a take-off on Hawaiian pit-cured pork, smoky and a little salty, and done easily in your oven! At first I was a little worried about cooking the pork at such a high temperature for so long, but it comes out perfectly.
Top Review by Tiffiney
I have a similar version to this recipe. First I make cuts in the meat all the way around and rub the salt into the slits. Then I rub the meat with liquid smoke. I seal the meat in foil before placing it in the roasting pan. It always comes out juicy.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place pork roast fat side up in a roasting pan.
- Combine Liquid Smoke and water and pour over meat.
- Sprinkle kosher salt on top of meat; cover and cook at 400 degrees F for three hours, or until meat is done.
- Let cool slightly, then shred.