Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was really good. I used a bit of dried tarragon since I didn't have fresh.
Make and share this Oven Seared Salmon With Fresh Snap Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless salmon fillets (6 ounces each, 1-inch thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 4 tablespoons tarragon, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups thinly sliced sugar snap peas (diagonally sliced)
- Preheat oven to 450°F Season salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add salmon and increase heat to medium high. Cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on one side until salmon just begins to brown lightly. Place salmon, browned side down, in small rimmed baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter in same skillet over medium low heat. Add shallots and cook until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Spoon 1 tablespoon shallot mixture over salmon and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons dill or tarragon. Bake 4 to 7 minutes or until salmon just begins to flake.
- Add snap peas to skillet and toss to coat with shallot mixture. Sprinkle with remaining dill or tarragon, salt and pepper. Cook peas until crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide peas between 4 dinner plates and top with salmon.