This is an easy way to cook sausage, peppers and onions together. They cook to be really juicy and acquire the flavor of the vegetables while cooking. I serve the mixture on hoagie rolls. You could also add shredded Mozzarella atop sausages/vegies and put back in the oven, just until the cheese melts! These are great with oven french fries. This recipe could also be expanded and taken to potluck dinners and kept warm in a crock-pot and just have the hoagie rolls on the side for people to make their own sandwiches. There are alot of possibilities with this recipe.
- -Preheat oven to 375°F.
- -Line a small 8-inch square pan with foil.
- -Treat with cooking spray.
- -Poke a few holes in sausages with fork or sharp knife.
- -Layer sausages, peppers, onions, olive oil and seasonings in pan.
- -Cover with another sheet of foil.
- -Cut a couple of slits in top for steam to escape.
- -Bake for 35-45 min (ovens vary).
- -Serve sausages with peppers/onions on warm hoagie rolls!