Cook1 hr 15 mins
I love to oven-roast vegetables year-round, but this recipe is particularly amenable to the winter varietals. If you've never oven-roasted vegetables, you're in for a real treat!
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs rutabagas, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lbs onions, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 20 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place very large roasting pan in oven and heat for 15 minutes (or 2 large roasting pans vegetables should be in single layer).
- Remove from oven.
- Add 2 tblsps olive oil to pan (or 1 tblsp to each of 2 pans).
- Add vegetables, garlic and herbs.
- Drizzle remaining oil and lemon juice over.
- Season and toss to coat.
- Roast until tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 ¼ hours.