1/1 Photo of Oven-Roasted Winter Vegetables
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I love to oven-roast vegetables year-round, but this recipe is particularly amenable to the winter varietals. If you've never oven-roasted vegetables, you're in for a real treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs rutabagas, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lbs onions, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 20 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1Preheat oven to 450F.
- 2Place very large roasting pan in oven and heat for 15 minutes (or 2 large roasting pans vegetables should be in single layer).
- 3Remove from oven.
- 4Add 2 tblsps olive oil to pan (or 1 tblsp to each of 2 pans).
- 5Add vegetables, garlic and herbs.
- 6Drizzle remaining oil and lemon juice over.
- 7Season and toss to coat.
- 8Roast until tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 ¼ hours.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Roasted Winter Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.5
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g