Recipe by evelyn/athens
I love to oven-roast vegetables year-round, but this recipe is particularly amenable to the winter varietals. If you've never oven-roasted vegetables, you're in for a real treat!
Top Review by duonyte
This is a very good recipe. I reduced temperature to 400 deg., and did not add the garlic until the last 15 minutes or so. It will burn otherwise. Also, I did not measure the vegetables with a scale or anything, but I surely used close to this amount and only about 4 tbl. of oil. finally,I just plain forgot about the lemon juice and sprinkled a bit of coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper over all, used minced fresh rosemary and sage, and it was divine. We inhaled this. Don't be afraid to use the veggies you really like, change proportions, etc. The first time I made this I could not find rutabagas, and used sweet potatoes instead. Absolutely lovely. But if you have never had rutabaga, make a real effort to find one - you will be delighted.
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs rutabagas, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lbs onions, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 20 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place very large roasting pan in oven and heat for 15 minutes (or 2 large roasting pans vegetables should be in single layer).
- Remove from oven.
- Add 2 tblsps olive oil to pan (or 1 tblsp to each of 2 pans).
- Add vegetables, garlic and herbs.
- Drizzle remaining oil and lemon juice over.
- Season and toss to coat.
- Roast until tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 ¼ hours.