Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Oven roast potatoes, butternut squash, red onions and peppers with garlic, olive oil and fresh rosemary for a side dish that smells and tastes absolutely delicious. Bay leaves are mild when young, so don't use as many if you have mature leaves.
- 1 lb salad potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 lb butternut squash, seeded and cut into wedges
- 6 small red onions, quartered
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 red romano bell peppers, seeded and cut into chunks (long ones)
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs bay leaves
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200*C 425*F.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add salt and the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain, then put ina large baking tin.
- Add the squash, onions and 2 TBs of the oil.
- Toss to coat, then roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 extra TBS oil to the baking tin, followed by the garlic and peppers, 2 sprigs of rosemary and 2 sprigs of bay leaves.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then add the rest of the herbs and continue roasting for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn the vegetables occasionally until they are all tender and the edges are slightly charred.
- Train the remaining oil over the top, then serve.
I often roast my veggies but I enjoyed the addition of the rosemary & Bay leaves. Unfortuneately I did not have fresh but used dried. I added a few carrots that I par boiled them for 3 minutes. Loved the addition of the peppers very kind to the eye and tasted wonderful too Thanks MarieAlice