Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great for the family but pretty enough for a dinner party too. The tart cheese balances well with the sweet roasted veg.
- 2 red peppers, quartered
- 1 aubergine, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 red onions, in wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 sprig fresh thyme
- 73.94-88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g goat cheese
- 6 fresh parsley leaves, torn
- preheat oven to 180C/350°F.
- Put the pepper, aubergine and onion in a roasting tray in a single layer.
- lightly squash the garlic cloves and add to tin. Scatter over thyme, season if desired.
- drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 25 - 35 mins until the vegetables are browning and are cooked but not soggy.
- crumble over goats cheese and parsley and serve.
This was delicious!! The goat cheese worked really well. I also cooked it longer (40 mins) and peeled the garlic cloves first. It turned out perfectly. Thanks!!
Cherry blossom is right, the very sweet vegetables balance well with the cheese. I added an extra yellow squash I had in the fridge to add to the color. I really liked the way the thyme leaves from the sprigs (I added about 6) combined with the vegetables. The garlic flavor was apparent but not overpowering. If you are a big fan of garlic you might want to peel the cloves first. I liked this better than my BF, who says he's not a big fan of roasted veggies? Go figure. I'm reviewing this though, so I rate it as well. My only other comment would be that I cooked for about 40 minutes and felt it needed at least that long. Thanks!