1/1 Photo of Oven-Roasted Vegetables
1 hr 25 mins
This is an excellent side dish to almost any meal. It is healthy, and you can tailor it to fit any vegetables that are in season (grape tomatoes are good, but they do tend to explode, though). I find that this recipe is great for large groups, because, aside from the prep (a bunch of cutting and chopping), it is easy to make a lot of food with minimal effort. Be creative, and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3 new potatoes, cubed
- 1 red onion, quartered and pieces separated
- 2 zucchini, sliced 1-inch thick
- 2 summer squash, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 (8 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, ends of stems cut off
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (1 tsp. dried)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (2 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt (a shake or two)
- black pepper (a shake or two)
- 1Chop all the vegetables, as specified in the ingredient list.
- 2Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 3Mix thyme, rosemary, basil (if using), garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; set aside.
- 4Put the chopped vegetables in a large bowl, then pour the oil/vinegar/herb mixture over the vegetables.
- 5Stir until all the vegetables are coated evenly.
- 6Line a baking sheet or roasting pan tray with aluminum foil, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- 7Spread the vegetables evenly on the pan and pour the remaining oil/vinegar/herb mixture on top (you can also put additional salt and/or pepper on now, if you want to).
- 8Roast for 40 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft when poked with a fork.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 69.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g