Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Roasting brings out the best of flavor in these veggies!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh beets, peeled
- 1 lb yams or 1 lb sweet potato
- 1 large red onion
- 1⁄2 lb small red potato
- 1⁄2 lb yukon gold potato
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F Peel beets, yams and onions; cut all vegetables into 1½-inch chunks.
- Place beets on half of a large shallow baking pan and remaining vegetables on the other half. Drizzle with olive oil and toss lightly to coat.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender and starting to crisp on the edges, stirring every 15 minutes. Drizzle with vinegar and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Toss with rosemary and season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is just so simple and low on the work side (which is great, I love stuff I can just put in the oven and walk away from). The balsamic and rosemary were heavenly, like the previous reviewer I added garlic, but left it unpeeled in cloves. Thanks for posting cookiedog, made for ZWT4.
Great way to make vegetables. Low fat, easy and quick. Thank-you. The only thing I did differently is add about 5 cloves of garlic that I cut into chunks.