Recipe by Mrs. Doeinck
This is a very tasty one dish meal that is very filling. Two thumbs up from the dh on this one. I serve it with dinner rolls or crusty bread. This is so yummy!!
Top Review by celia_47
Amazingly tasty. Great vegetable side dish, the veggies were cooked to perfection, they melted in our mouth. The pesto added a great taste to the roasted vegetables. I must say I didn't use the 4 last ingredients because I wanted to make sure the kids liked it, but respected the rest of the recipe exactly. Everyone loved it!
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed and cut into 4-inch lengths (about 16 spears)
- 12 ounces small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 10 potatoes)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1 1⁄4 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 5 tablespoons prepared sun-dried tomato pesto, plus
- 1 teaspoon prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (I use a little more because it's just good that way (4 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place large baking sheet ( I just use two cookie pans) in oven, and preheat to 450°F Cut 4 20-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil. Combine all ingredients except cheese in very large bowl. Toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide vegetable mixture among foil sheets. Sprinkle cheese over top. Fold foil over, and crimp edges to seal.
- Arrange packets in single layer on heated baking sheet. Reduce oven to 400°F and bake 30 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. (Pierce packet with knife to test veggies). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve: Place packets on plates, slit tops, and fold back foil.