Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. Pasta doesn't have to be unhealthy.
- 9 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons italian style tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Place tomatoes and zucchini in a 3 quart rectangular baking dish. In a small bowl combine oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables. Roast, uncovered, in a 400 oven for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Stir pasta into the roast veggies along with tomato paste. Bake uncovered, in a 400 oven, for 10 more minutes.
- To serve, stir pasta and vegetables. Divide among 4 plates and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and basil.
I loved this dish. Such a delicious way to use some of the veggies that are so abundant at this time of year. I added some mushrooms but otherwise made this as directed.
Easy to prepare and delicious! This is a great use for excess zucchini and tomato from the garden. Very simple sauce that packs a lot of flavor. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 27
Easy and nice flavor! I used tomatoes from the garden and a little of yellow summer squash too. Thanks!