Delicious and easy recipe for roast turkey. Got this from Betty Crocker's website. The combination of flavors in this make for one remarkably good turkey.
- 1 (4 1/2-5 lb) whole turkey breast, thawed if frozen
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat oven to 325ºF. Place turkey, skin side up, on rack in large shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of meat and does not touch bone. Roast uncovered 1 hour.
- Mix butter, wine, thyme, salt, paprika and garlic. Brush turkey with half of the butter mixture. Roast 30 minutes; brush with remaining butter mixture. Roast about 1 hour longer or until thermometer reads 180ºF and juice of turkey is no longer pink when center is cut.
- Remove turkey from oven and let stand 15 minutes for easier carving.
- Meanwhile, pour pan drippings into measuring cup; skim fat from drippings. Add enough water to drippings to measure 2 cups. Heat drippings to boiling in 1-quart saucepan. Mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water; stir into drippings. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve with turkey.
Fantastic Recipe! Great flavor and easy to make!