Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a lovely appetizer from Taste of Home. The presentation is pretty and the preparation is so simple. I am not fond of Goat Cheese and so I used an herbed cream cheese instead.
- 6 medium tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 12 rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine Tomatoes, 1 TBSP Olive Oil, and Vinegar. Toss gently.
- Place Tomatoes cut side up on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- Bake Tomatoes for 6 hours or until tender and slightly syrupy.
- Remove from oven and allow Tomatoes to cool completely.
- Place 1/2 tsp Goat Cheese on each Tomato half.
- Skewer each Tomato with a Rosemary sprig.
- Place on a platter and drizzle with remaining Olive Oil.