Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
From the March 2006 issue of Cooking Light. These are an excellent starter with the Mushroom and Garlic Pizza recipe I am posting and a tossed green salad. When I prepared these, I only had small salad tomatoes on hand (about the size of large cherry tomatoes)...they were perfect bites of flavor.
- 6 medium tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet; set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, and vinegar; toss gently.
- Place tomatoes cut sides up on rack. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 200F for 6 hours, or until tender and slightly syrupy (do not overbake or tomatoes will be tough and chewy).
- Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon cheese onto each tomato half. Fold slightly; secure each tomato half with 1 rosemary sprig.
- Place on serving platter; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.