Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr
Warm, flavorful and soft tomatoes are a great side to any meaty dish.
- 24 roma tomatoes, ripe and cut in half
- 4 small onions, chopped
- 1 head garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel head, coarsely chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Toss the tomatoes, onions and garlic into a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and pour into a baking dish.
- Roast until they've caramelized a bit and shrunken, intensifying and concentrating their flavor, about 60 to 90 minutes. Stir briefly after 30 minutes or so.
- For even more flavor do try roasting the tomatoes with a head of sweet aromatic fennel.
Great recipe, sooo flavorful! I cut tomatoes in quarters and cut fennel in chunks, had in one hour and tomatoes were done but not the fennel. Next time I would reduce oil quite a bit. Served with Awesome Pan De Carne - Paraguayan Meat Loaf.
This was a nice simple recipe with great results. For this, I did not change a thing, great side dish, and very inexpensive. The garlic added great flavors to the tomatoes. made a great side dish. Served with Sweet and Sour Pork#468808, for a nice simple, but satisfying dinner. Made for PRMR tag.