Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Excellent on Italian sandwiches
Top Review by Sandy in Dayton
I actually made this recipe to look for a way to get rid of some of the excessive moisture in tomatoes that I was using in tomato pie - The first time I used fresh tomatoes and some tarragon vinegar - they were fantastic, could not stop eating them, almost did not have enough for the pie. The second time I used some rather sad roma tomatoes from the grocery store - I tasted one after the 30 minutes and decied to flip them and roast for another 30 - wow they were so very good - I used this method for my own roasted-tomato-pie-434080 but will be using a lot for all sort of recipes.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Spread the sliced tomatoes on a small foil-lined baking sheet (it is fine if they overlap).
- Season with salt, then drizzle or spoon half the balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then drizzle the remaining vinegar over the tomatoes; cook for 20 more minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Keep the tomatoes, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.