Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I was afraid we were not going to have enough of these to make the piadinas, because I kept eating them off of the baking sheet!! They are perfect, and cherry tomatoes will work for this also. The yield is a guess. **NOTE: I have made these with cherry tomatoes here at home and found that the temp of the oven should be 275º-300ºF. At 350ºF they will burn because they are so much smaller.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lightly salt; toss to coat.
- Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper, cut side up*.
- Bake in oven until skin is wrinkled and juices have been mostly absorbed, but flesh is still moist. Flesh should be soft to the touch. This will take appox 1-2 hours at 350ºF, depending on the size of the tomatoes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- *If skins are NOT to be used in dish, roast the tomatoes cut side DOWN and remove skins after roasting and tomatoes are slightly cooled.
- If you want the "charred" flavor of the tomato in the dish, roast cut side DOWN and leave the skins on after roasting.