Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This super easy tomato sauce is delicious on pizza, pasta or in a lasagna or casserole. You'll never go back to the can again!
- 8 cups canned peeled roma tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine all ingredients but the basil.
- Roast in a glass 8 1/2 x 11 baking dish for 35-40 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft.
- Remove from oven and mash with a potato masher.
- Stir in basil. Enjoy!