1/7 Photos of Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce
2 hrs 20 mins
I have used this recipe for years and it never fails. I usually make it in the summer as we usually have a vegetable garden and always end up with too many tomatoes, I then make in batches,for the freezer. I use a lot of garlic in this recipe but thats because we love it and the garlic sweetens in the roasting process. I have strained the sauce at times to remove the seeds. Though most people don't mind tomato seeds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven 400°f.
- 2Slice tomatoes in half, set aside.
- 3Pour the olive oil onto a large baking sheet and spread it around the sheet.
- 4Sprinkle evenly the garlic, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper over the oil.
- 5Place the tomatoes cut side down onto the baking sheet.
- 6Roast for about 30-40 minutes, or until the skins start to lift from the tomatoes.
- 7Allow to cool.
- 8Remove the skins and put the sauce into a large bowl and break up the flesh with a fork.
- 9Reheat sauce if using immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 593.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g