Recipe by Jellyqueen
I got this recipe out of a magazine. It is great for use as a pizza sauce or as a pasta sauce.
- 8 cups roma tomatoes, quartered (approximately 4 pounds)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, barlic cloves, salt, pepper, and sugar and toss with oilve oil.
- Spread in roasting pan and roast 35 - 40 minutes or until tomatoes have softened.
- Remove from oven and mash with potato masher, but leave tomatoes with a few chunks.
- Stir in chopped basil.