1/8 Photos of Oven Roasted Tilapia With Tomatoes, Pesto and Lemon
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Looking for something impressive but oh so easy? This simple and delicious dish would make a great 'date night' dinner or even doubled for a dinner party. Tilapia is a really mild fish without that 'fishy' taste making this a great recipe for people who do not like fish and a wonderful meal for those who do! Pesto and tomatoes are so lovely and aromatic together and roasting allows the flavors to intensify. What a simple way to create an incredibly delicious dish. In order to soak up every delicious drop I would serve this over a simple rice like my Perfect Basic White Rice or serve it with a good crusty bread. Adding a simple green salad and a wonderful bottle of wine would make this meal totally rock! I would serve it with Chateau Ste Michele Dry Riesling. I found this recipe on http://ellysaysopa.com/2008/03/03/fish-for-people-who-dont-like-fish/ Of course I did change up a few things that I thought would make it even better. My mouth was watering so much when I read this recipe that I had to share it with you as fast as I could! If you try this before I get to the store and am able to make it please let me know what you think! After Breezermom's helpful comment I edited the directions for the pesto and lemon juice so the pesto is not runny. Thanks breezer!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes or 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 lemon
- 8 ounces tilapia fillets, I use 4 oz fillets
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge (optional)
- 1Gently combine the tomatoes, garlic and olive oil with a little salt and pepper if desired and roast in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- 2Juice the lemon and mix SOME of the juice with the pesto, adding more if desired or needed keeping the pesto a nice spreadable consistency and not runny. (Thanks breezer mom!) Spread mixture on top of the fish which has been seasoned with a little more salt and pepper if desired.
- 3Cut the juiced lemon halves in half again so that you have two pieces of lemon to support each filet. Place a filet on top of two pieces of juiced lemon so that the fish is somewhat out of any liquid that accumulates, allowing it to roast rather than boil.
- 4Return to oven for about 10 minutes or until the fish is flaky and no longer opaque.
- 5Plate the fish along with the tomatoes and garlic and serve with more lemon wedges if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Roasted Tilapia With Tomatoes, Pesto and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 25.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: