Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a wonderful, easy dish that even my husband loves and he swears he doesn't like sweet potatoes. I have served it for Thanksgiving dinner to rave reviews. I like it because it is WW core. It can easily be doubled.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red onions, cut in to 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine all ingredients in baking dish.
- Toss to coat the veggies
- bake for 35 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender and onions are soft.
Really good! I think I'll cut back on the oil a little next time, since it seemed a little oily, but otherwise it was a great way to have sweet potatoes!
Have made this from Cooking Light, as one of my variations on sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving. The only difference is the use of SWEET onions, rather than red onions. It makes a pretty, colorful platter on the buffet, with turkey and dressing. We all like it better than the "marshmallows on top" and MASHED sweets ! Thanks, Chef 372968. Janey