Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Top any dinner with these sweet sweet potatoes! Roasting brings out the sweetness. From the local newspaper.
- 946.36 ml coarsely chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 large vidalia onions or 1 large walla walla onions or 1 large Spanish onion, sliced in wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 118.29 ml pecan halves
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, garlic and thyme; toss well to coat.
- Pour veggies into shallow roasting or jelly roll pan.
- Bake in 425°F oven, turning frequently, for about 40 to 45 minutes or until veggies are soft and golden brown.
- Add pecans during last 10 minutes of roasting.
- Drizzle with vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
These sweet potatoes were on the dry side for me, although DH said he really enjoyed them. The sweet onion was great, and the addition of balsamic vinegar livened things up. Easy to make, made no adaptations, served with baked beans, a good complement.
Loved these! I used Okanagan Vineyards raspberry balsamic vinegar, I didn't have any pecans, but can't wait to make this again with them. The thyme just added something special. Thanks for a great recipe!
Super! Only used 1 Tbs. ov EVOO on 6 cups of sweet potatoes, but they were done in 30 minutes. Everything is good with Balsamic! Thanks Derf!