Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is such an easy and delicious side dish. Sweet and savory, it compliments poultry or vegetarian fare. If you don't have sweet potatoes but do have squash, you can still make this dish.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed 1-inch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 9 x 13 inch Pyrex dish (or similar) put everything together and toss to coat with olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, stir. Continue to bake uncovered, checking every 10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
I really do love sweet potatoes, & am happy to make them often, not just for the winter holidays, & this recipe makes for some REALLY GREAT TASTING SWEET POTATOES! The only change I made was to leave them unpeeled, 'cause I like that part of them as well! The potatoes, along with the cranberries & thyme, made for a very satisfying dish! Thanks for the great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef]