Recipe by Marie
This is a delicious side dish for ham, pork or even chicken. The sweet potatoes, coated with brown sugar and spices are a little sweet and a little spicy. Quick and easy.
Top Review by fiddlingchef
We loved this! Like others, I was afraid it would be too spicy, but I trusted the reviews and they were just right......not too spicy at all. Since we aren't supposed to eat sugar, I used 1 packet of Stevia instead of the brown sugar, and it worked perfectly. We generally like our potatoes a little crisper, so next time I may try to soak my potatoes in water to draw out the starches......then dry them well and apply the oil and spices. I'm not sure if that will make them crisper, but it's worth a try. At at rate, even as is I would serve these to company.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1" wedges.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil.
- Mix sugar and seasonings together and add to potatoes.
- Toss until evenly coated.
- Spread on a non stick baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes until browned and done.