Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Healthful, spicy, side dish that even some people who don't particularly care for sweet potatoes will like.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes (approx. 2 large potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Wash and clean potatoes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, paprika, and cumin and set aside.
- Cut the potatoes into medium"french fries".
- Toss the potatoes in the oil and spices until well coated.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet prepared with cooking spray or lightly oiled.
- Bake for 25 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the fries are golden and crisp.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve immediately.
I love to cut my oven fries really thin so they get nice and crispy! I enjoyed the flavors of paprika and cumin. Thanks!
Love the recipe! I just needed to slice them much larger than I thought & leave them in the oven longer to crisp.
This recipe turned out great! I cook with a convection oven and put the timer on 35 minutes. Next time I will leave the fries in a bit longer as they did not turn out as crisp as I would have liked to have seen them.