Recipe by Everything Tasty Kitchen
I confess, I never liked sweet potatoes, but....OMG.....I absolutely love sweet potato fries!!! Sweet and Salty and Spicy all in one bite!! The combination of the spices give a rich deep taste that's delicious. These are crispy around the edges on the outside and tender on the inside, I just love these. They are so easy to make at home and are much healthier than frying. All it takes is just 2 large sweet potatoes and you have a large batch of delicious sweet potato fries that you won't be able to stop eating;). Enjoy!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- 1. Cut the potatoes into 1/4″ thin strips, or to your desired thickness and length. Mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with the potatoes until they are evenly coated.
- 2. Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spread the potatoes in a single layer. Try not to overcrowd or have multiple layers of fries — you want them to be roasted, not steamed.
- 3. Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, turning the fries once or twice during that time to cook evenly. May take more or less time, depending on the size and thickness you cut the fries.
- Remove once the edges slightly begin to brown and fries begin to crisp. Sprinkle course salt on top when they are hot out of the oven.