Recipe by Engrossed
This is from an old newspaper clipping. It says it's adapted from Bradley Ogden's "Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner". Sounds flavorful.
Top Review by puppitypup
I liked these but hubby didn't. I used the dried herbs and added a pinch of paprika too. I removed the skin before roasting and cut the recipe down to 2 servings. Thanks for posting Engrossed! Made for ZWT, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
- 2 (8 ounce) sweet onions, with skin on cut into 8 wedges each
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh sage, 4 inches long or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 sprigs fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Place onion wedges in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with garlic and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper; drizzle evenly with vinegar and olive oil.
- Roast until onions are lightly caramelized and barely tender, 12 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve at room temperature.