1/5 Photos of Oven-Roasted Sweet Onions
This is from an old newspaper clipping. It says it's adapted from Bradley Ogden's "Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner". Sounds flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) sweet onions, with skin on cut into 8 wedges each
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh sage, 4 inches long or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 sprigs fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F.
- 2Place onion wedges in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle with garlic and herbs.
- 4Season with salt and pepper; drizzle evenly with vinegar and olive oil.
- 5Roast until onions are lightly caramelized and barely tender, 12 - 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and let cool.
- 7Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Roasted Sweet Onions
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.1
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 223.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: