1/2 Photos of Oven-Roasted Spicy-Sweet Sweet Potatoes
For those who like their sweet potatoes a little less sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into slices 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (I often use lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Line a roasting pan large enough to contain your potato pieces.
- 2Mix butter, honey, lime juice, chile powder, cumin and cayenne together.
- 3Coat sweet potatoes with butter/honey/spice mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Empty into prepared roasting pan.
- 4Bake for 25 minutes; give potatoes a stir to redistribute and recoat with liquid.
- 5Bake 20 minutes longer, or until potatoes are tender all the way through when pierced with the tip of a knife.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Roasted Spicy-Sweet Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 113.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g