Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from the chef's at "Great Cooks" in Toronto, Canada. Tips: Whole side of salmon can be prepared and cooked the same way. Salmon can also be served cold making it great for salads or on a brunch buffet. Make sure to purchase salmon with bones already removed
- 1⁄2 salmon or 8 salmon fillets, pin bones removed
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons pickled ginger, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely sliced (reserve some for garnish)
- RINSE salmon under cold water; paper towel to dry. Cut piece of foil large enough to completely wrap salmon; place foil on baking sheet. Place 1/3 of the dill on foil; place salmon on top of foil. Sprinkle salmon with lemon juice salt and pepper.
- CUT lemon into thin slices. Place citrus slices, dill, shallots and nubs of butter on top of salmon pieces. Wrap in foil, folding edges to seal.
- BAKE in 425ºF oven for 15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily.
- FOR REMOULADE: STIR together all ingredients (mayo, ginger, lemon zest & juice, shallots, chives) in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or for up to 1 day.