Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 red peppers, destemmed,deseeded and quartered
- 1 -2 small eggplant, cut into wedges that are around 2.5 cm in length
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper (freshly ground if possible)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon oregano leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Arrange the wedges of the eggplant and the red pepper in a baking pan. (A large pan is preferable to facilitate even cooking.)
- Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the seasonings over the vegetables.
- Roast in the oven for around 15 mins (turn with a spatula now and then) until the vegetables are brown around the edges.
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs if you are using them.
I made this very colorful by using a purple eggplant, a white eggplant, a green pepper and a red pepper. I also threw in some garlic and some small peeled onions from the garden. I'm glad I added them, because even though I used both thyme and oregano, I think it would have been too bland for me withour the garlic and onions. This is a great combination of veggies for roasting; thanx!
Fantastic and such pretty colors. I cooked 50 minutes at 175C as I cooked chicken breasts at the same time, in fact, in the same pan. It was brilliant! Used herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. A really good, easy idea, thanks!
Had some eggplant to roast so used this recipe. Turned out good, thanks!