Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very special flavours. Goes well with anything including steak, grilled chicken or fish, or just on it's own.
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks (I use butternut)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into chunks (optional)
- 1 bunch arugula leaf
- 1 cucumber, sliced into long ribbons
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts, oven roasted
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 limes, juice of
- 2 oranges, juice and zest of
- 1 -2 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Combine pumpkin, oil, salt and pepper and place on baking tray.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Remove from oven, place in bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir-fry the red pepper until cooked and add to the pumpkin in the bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients, except the herbs.
- Add the dressing, herbs and rocket to the pumpkin and toss well.
- Place in the serving bowl or on individual dishes.
- Garnish with the cucumber ribbons and cashew nuts.
- Serve warm or cold.