Recipe by Dib's
This is an easy family favorite!
Top Review by Vicki in CT
PERFECTION. I like my potatoes reallly crsipy and this easy method did the trick. I used much less oil. Also I wasn't sure what spike seasoning was, so used cajun seasoning instead with great results. I kept my skillet in the oven while it preheated so the potatoes sizzled nicely when I poured them in. I had to cook at 350 because I was cooking short ribs at the same time. Will make these on a regular basis.
- 5 -6 large potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 -5 tablespoons spike seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop potatoes into 1 and 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a plastic bowl toss spuds with oil.
- Cover with spike and pepper and toss well.
- Place in Cast Iron Skillet and place in center of oven.
- Cook for 1 hour or until golden and tender when poked with a fork.