Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that I got from one of those Pillsbury cookbooks that you can buy at the checkout stands. This is one of my favorite ways to make potatoes, especially when we have company
- 6 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over potatoes and toss well.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until crisp, lightly browned and tender.
- Stir twice during baking.
Delicious! I was looking for a basic how-to for oven roasted potatoes and I found a great one. I did a variation though: rendered bacon fat instead of the butter (same ratio)! OMG! Hubby said that the side dish out shone the most excellent pork roast that I served with it. Diners wish their homefries were this good. Will certainly make this recipe again with butter in the near future.
These are so good and simple to make. I didn't change a thing! I will make them again. Thanks for sharing.
I roast a lot of potatoes in the oven but never thought of making them with butter.I'm sure I had more garlic in there. I'll make this a lot for DDs (they don't care about extra calories).