Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty and easy. You can also add some cut up red peppers to this for a variation.
- 5 large potatoes, washed (Yukon Gold)
- 1 onion, sliced into quarters
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- additional chili powder
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut potatoes into wedges and wash in water so as to remove some of the starch.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add potatoes and onions and mix well.
- Spray a roasting pan with Pam.
- Pour potatoes into roasting pan and sprinkle with some additional chilli powder.
- Cook at 350 for one hour or until done.
Outstanding, simple recipe -- thanks for posting and sharing. My GF and I were cooking for 7, including an 18 month old and 2 4 year olds. Everyone loved the potatoes, no left overs!
We modified the recipe slightly: fresh parsley, thyme and rosemary sprigs on the potatoes (eaxy to remove once the cooking was done), skipped the cayenne (kyoungest isn't ready for it) and a bed of sliced onions for flavor and to allow the heat to circulate under as well as over the single layer of potato wedges. We will definitely make this again, introducing the cayenne over time to acclimate the kids.
Loved this one. We love roasted potatoes and this was delicious. I added in a red bell pepper and forgot to add the parsley. Will make again.
Delicious! It was a bit heavy on the oil so I would add less next time. I used baby red potatoes. I let mine cook a little longer due to waiting for the rest of the meal to catch up. They had a nice bite to the outside and were nice and soft on the inside. Thanks for posting. :)