Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I created this on accident. After already starting the rest of the meal one night, I realized I didn't have enough potatoes for a different recipe. So I sliced them and started digging through my spices for ideas on seasoning them. A little red pepper gives these potatoes a little zip! You don't need to bother to peel them. They're great with the skins on.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 7.39 ml sesame seeds (optional)
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 44.37-59.16 ml grated parmesan cheese or 44.37-59.16 ml romano cheese
- 29.58-59.16 ml olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400'.
- Scrub potatoes, leave skins on and slice thinly (About 1/8 -1/4 Inch Thin).
- Place potatoes and seasonings in a large bowl and toss to coat (You may shake them in a large ziplock bag if you prefer).
- Lightly drizzle about 1 tablespoons olive oil on large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Layer potatoes on pan and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Place potatoes in oven and bake at 400' for 40-45 minutes or until they reach desired crispness.
- Turn them often so they brown on both sides evenly.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving dish and serve.
Yum! These are wonderful! I'm always looking for new ways to make potatoes because their my husbands favorite and these are a keeper! I did decrease the 2-4 Tablespoons of olive oil to 1, putting the sliced potatoes in a bowl, drizzling the 1 Tablespoon of oil over them and tossing together. The seasonings I put in a zip lock, added the potatoes in and shook real good. I put them on the baking sheet sprayed with just a bit of non stick cooking spray. Perfect! Didn't stick to the pan and I was able to decrease the oil. Thank you for a great side dish we'll be enjoying again MT!:)