Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 52 mins
Found this in Cooking Light.Thank goodness for them cause I love these oniony suckers.You cant be afraid of onions if you are going to try these.It takes a little time but well worth it in my opinion.Heres to breath mints:0)
- In a 4 quart pan boil 10 c water.
- Meanwhile take a melon baller (1 1/4 in),and scoop balls from potatoes.
- Place in a bowl of cold water.
- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- Add balls to water,reduce heat to low,cover and simmer 2 min.
- Drain well.
- Toss potatoes with oil,onion and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 min,stir and roast for 20 minutes more.
I also cubed the potatoes because I was in a hurry. Great taste. Just like fried potatoes but without all the grease. Thanks for a great recipe.
Great tasting recipe. I did however have trouble getting the potatoes to look like balls with my melon baller. They ended up looking like balls with part of the edge missing. The hardness of the potato is hard to carve with my melon baller. I loved the flavour though, so I think next time I will cut the taters into a uniform large dice. Otherwise a great recipe. It could be I am just a klutz with my melon baller.
Easy & delicious. I don't have a melon baller so I just peeled & cubed the potatoes. Used Vidalia onions. Great side dish with a grilled steak! Would definitely make these again!