1/2 Photos of Oven-Roasted Pork Loin With Dry Rub
A highly rated recipe from All Recipes.com/submitted by branchan that I have tweaked just slightly I feel for the better! ---I also use this rub on boneless Boston butt roast that I roast in the oven and then slice, for a pork loin about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the rub should be enough although you may use more if desired --- the roast needs to marinate for a minimum of 6 hours or up to 24 hours in the fridge, then must sit out at room temperature for a couple hours before roasting, so plan well in advance, make certain to line your pan completely with foil, because of the brown sugar it will be very hard to clean, or use a heavy disposable foil pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt or 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dry ginger powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 (3 -4 lb) pork loin roast
- 10 fresh garlic cloves (can use more or less)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1In a bowl stir together brown sugar, white sugar, black pepper, salt, ginger, garlic powder, onion salt, dry mustard, cayenne, cumin, paprika and crushed thyme.
- 2Make small slits and stuff a garlic clove in the slit (do this all over the roast).
- 3Rub the pork loin all over generously with olive oil then rub the roast all over with about 1/2 to 3/4 cup dry using your hands to rub in the spices (store the remaining rub tightly covered in a glass jar in refrigerator to use for the next time).
- 4Cover the roast with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 5Place roast in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan.
- 6Let the roast sit out at room temperature for a couple hours.
- 7Roast uncovered at 350 degrees F until the internal temperature is 150°F the cooking time will vary depending on the size of your roast.
- 8Remove and cover with foil, let stand for 20 minutes before slicing.
- 9*NOTE* Store the remaining half of the spice rub in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Roasted Pork Loin With Dry Rub
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.8
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 137.9 mg
- Sodium 1859.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 50.1 g