Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Simple and so delicious! If you have lots of plum tomatoes to use up from your summer's crop, but it's great to make at any time of year! This dish with robust flavours of garlic and basil make a fantastic side dish to any meal. Increase all ingredients if desired.
Top Review by Scoopers
Delicious hot or cold and perfect when you are having guests in the summer, since they can be made in advance. My guests and husband loved these, and they are so easy to make (though they also disappear fast). I also added a dash of raspberry balsamic vinegar to them, which made the flavour, which is already quite intense, even more tangy.
- 8 plum tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or about 1 teaspoon dried, fresh is better to use for this)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -4 fresh minced garlic cloves (ot to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare an 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish.
- Core the inside of the tomatoes.
- Cut in half lenghwise.
- Place in a bowl.
- Add in basil, olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to coast well.
- Arrange the tomatoes in the baking dish (cut-side up) and bake for about 1 hour, or until softened to desired texture.
- If desired, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.